I didn't know what happened to my Mom and brothers and sisters. I was lonely. One day this nice human found me in a cardboard box and took me to a place called St. Tammany Humane Society, and guess what! My tummy is full! I got a bath and a clean hat, and met a lot of other orphans who told me that I was at the largest no kill animal shelter in Louisiana. What's a Louisiana? The other orphans told me that wasn't important, that I would be loved and cared for, and maybe some nice family somewhere in the world would want me to be a part of their family, since I didn't have one of my own anymore. I got a clean, warm place to sleep because one of the other puppies got a home. What's a home? I never had one before. Maybe the nice folks at St. Tammany's will find me one in some foreign land where I will have to learn to bark in another language--they do that you know.

Friday, July 1, 2011

We Have A Winner!


For those of you following, late on the last night of the contest I received the largest donation to my June contest to win two HOT tickets to UNLEASHED!  While the donor prefers to remain anonymous, I can relate that she's from Little Rock, Arkansas!  I think a little "GO RAZORBACKS!" is in order!  Thanks so much to all of you wonderful individuals that made contributions during the month of June.  I had increased my goal to $2500 and I'm almost there--again!  Another huge SMAK! from the forever friends at St. Tammany Humane Society who will benefit so much from your generosity.  I'll be coming up with some more incentives, so keep watching for more opportunities!  And check out the new "Garden of Ian" idea STHS has come up with on their site. http://sttammanyhumanesociety.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=145&Itemid=160  Ingenious!

No comments: