I didn't know what happened to my Mom and brothers and sisters. I was lonely. One day this nice human found me in a cardboard box and took me to a place called St. Tammany Humane Society, and guess what! My tummy is full! I got a bath and a clean hat, and met a lot of other orphans who told me that I was at the largest no kill animal shelter in Louisiana. What's a Louisiana? The other orphans told me that wasn't important, that I would be loved and cared for, and maybe some nice family somewhere in the world would want me to be a part of their family, since I didn't have one of my own anymore. I got a clean, warm place to sleep because one of the other puppies got a home. What's a home? I never had one before. Maybe the nice folks at St. Tammany's will find me one in some foreign land where I will have to learn to bark in another language--they do that you know.

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Win a Pair of Tickets to UNLEASHED 2011 NOW!!

The contest starts at midnight tonight Central Daylight time!  Big news!  New goal is $2500!  Thank you so much for all your contributions to STHS that helped me reach my original goal.  We're over the top!

The single highest donation by an individual person to SMAK! during the month of June will receive a PAIR (that’s TWO, count ‘em, TWO!) regular admission tickets to St. Tammany Humane Society’s UNLEASHED - Bash on the Bayou [The Sequel] with Honorary Chairman Ian Somerhalder.  This could be a REAL STEAL!  The tickets are valued at $75 each (in advance---$100 each at the door).  That’s a potential value of $200!  Since SMAK! hasn’t had a lot of traffic lately, that could mean you pick up a pair of tickets for A SONG!  It’s up to you--could go for $5 or $500.…all depends on how big a hearts people have!  100% of all donations made to SMAK! go to St. Tammany Humane Society to benefit homeless animals and animal rescue, and are TAX DEDUCTIBLE for U.S. residents!

UNLEASHED is Saturday, November 12, 2011, at 7:00 p.m. at the Castine Center in Mandeville, Louisiana (just across Lake Ponchartrain from New Orleans).  Some of the most prestigious restaurants in New Orleans provided the catering last year, as I’m sure they will again!  Live music (3 bands!), silent auction, great food, open bar, meet your Twitter friends, meet members of the STHS Staff and some of their cuddly guests, and best of all….IAN SOMERHALDER!


As a guest of one of St. Tammany Humane Society’s Ian Somerhalder Club 2011 members (Me!), you and your guest will be in “choice” seats--much closer to “the action” than regular general admission!  Does that sound like fun, or what?  As soon as I receive the tickets (sometime in July); I will mail them to you--free of charge!  Anywhere in the world!  BTW, these are tickets for the EVENT only; transportation and hotel accommodations are your own responsibility.

STHS is the largest non-profit, non-governmental no kill animal shelter in Louisiana (since 1953).  When space is freed up at the shelter itself, they go to other shelters to get animals that are on "death row" and bring them to their no-kill shelter to give them a chance of being adopted.  STHS has sent animals across the US to meet their new families (also sent them to as far as Costa Rica & Spain even).  Louisiana & the Gulf Coast have the highest overpopulation in the US for animals, meaning more animals are in danger of being euthanized.  This is more important than ever considering the ongoing flooding issues along the Mississippi River!  STHS gives unwanted, abandoned, and lost companion animals a second chance and a new leash on life!!

Something to keep in mind….I am allowed one “guest” for the exclusive Champagne Reception with Ian Somerhalder just prior to UNLEASHED….I have not yet invited anyone to accompany me.  Could it be you?  Would you like to discuss saving the planet?  Global warming?  Deforestation?  The Vampire Diaries?  

To make your donation, hit the DONATE button on the right!  If you would rather donate via regular check, you can do so.  Please send me an e-mail (see my full profile for e-mail address) and you can make those arrangements.  DONATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY MIDNIGHT, JUNE 30, 2011 TO QUALIFY.

No comments: